Sometimes I’ll have to wander around a bit less developer side and more into admin side. Now here is one interesting challenge: SharePoint site started serving HTTP 500 error and nothing more after install of 3rd party software.
This problem was quite bit odd since the event viewer & logs seemed to be allright, no findings there. After good while of investigating I managed to scoop out IIS Logs and followed as I tried to re-open site. When I found my browser requests from IIS logs I found out the additional “sub error message”, sc-substatus 19 -message (the line went like sc-message 500, sc-substatus 19). Now at the IIS 7.5 these messages indicate more serious problem inside IIS configuration and some ideas were thrown around about reinstalling IIS or restoring IIS Metabase.
Keeping this in mind I just hit the old fashion “aspnet_regiis -i” -line and smack, It started working again 🙂 Apparently there was something wrong with the config & .NET Framework & etc and luckily the aspnet_regiis was able to restore situation.